Hi! My blog was nominated for a “Liebster” award weeks ago, actually I think it was months ago. I could say it’s taken me months to figure out what to say or I could be honest and say that I just barely blogged about my birthday in April and that is how behind I am.
Who nominated me? Nichole! Nichole and I actually worked together last summer. I thought she was a cool cat, but I really got to know her through her blog. She is hilarious, her and her husband are totes adorbs, like Pam and Jim, totally in love and stuff, and she has really good taste in music. I am kind of sad we didn’t become better friends when we worked together, but I am glad blogging brought us together.
What is a “Liebster” award you ask? Let me learn with you. (Copied from Nichole’s blog)
This is an award given to up-and-coming bloggers with under 200 followers. You are nominated by a fellow blogger, and once you accept the award, you do the following in a post:
//Answer the 11 questions that the nominator gives you.
//Post 11 facts about yourself.
//Nominate a few other bloggers for this award.
//Make up 11 questions for those bloggers to answer.
//Thank your nominator, and let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated by you.
Your questions that you must answer:
1. Give me a play-by-play of your dream vacation.
Right now my dream vacation is laying on the beach and having a “hot monster” bring me pina colada’s and nachos whenever I want. But that is just because being a grown-up is exhausting and I miss summer vacation.
My true dream vacation includes my lovely sisters and Europe. Next year we want to use our “Paris Jar” money and travel Europe together. We will go for 3-weeks. Eat croissants near the Eiffel Tower, ride around Paris on the back of “hot monsters'” mopeds, speak a little French, eat a little French, and dance a little French.
2. What are some of your guilty pleasures?
The smell of dirt, bad reality shows like married to a Jonas (#sorrynotsorry), always speaking hashtag, pop-culture, occasionally the Biebs when he’s not taking half-nakey selfies, and the word nakey, totes adorbs, and whatevs.
3. What’s your favorite beauty product that I should try out?
Did you know for your Birthday Sehpora will give you a free gift? They do. Just sign up for their “birthday club”. Well this year they gave away highlighter and it’s amazing. I highlight all the things I should highlight and I feel like I’m on the red carpet.
Vaseline is your new BFF. Last year I read that Jen Aniston wears Vaseline under her eyes and forehead as a wrinkle cream. I stopped doing it because I am afraid of commitment, but I am going to start tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it’s true.
4. Any fun summer plans?
I have done so much this summer. Hiked the Y, hiked a water river hike in Cedar City, hiked battlecreek, St. George vacation, hiked Goblin Valley. I hope to go to Texas before September ends and California. I’m thinking of taking a solo trip to the beach.
5. What are your favorite board or card games?
My ancestors thought playing cards were of the devil. Therefore, my Rasmussen side of the family rarely played any cards. When my step-mom joined our family we played more games. I like Phase 10, Speed Uno, and Dominoes. If it’s a long game I lose patience and have to do something in between turns.
6. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a gymnast or ice skater. Basically, I wanted to go to the Olympics. That didn’t work out. I also wanted to be an Archeologist or a Geologist. I am still so fascinated with finding bones (creepy, yes), history, and dirt. Hahahah. What happened? Science happened. I learned I was better at the computer. Now I can make movies about archeologists who fall in love with ice skaters.
7. What’s one thing you look forward to on a weekly basis?
Friday! TGIF did this to me. The best shows were on Friday!
8. What are two of your favorite songs right now?
Andrew Belle is my very favorite artist and he just released his new single “Pieces”. So good! Look it up and fall in love with his talent. I also love Florida Georgia Line “Cruise” I’m on a country kick. It screams summer.
9. Talk about your favorite vacation spot and some of the things you have to do if I were to go there.
I love Vegas. Growing up we would go there a couple times a year. You have to go to the Bellagio and look at the fountains, go inside and look at the flowers, eat a crepe, head to the M&M factory and buy a shirt, get a vanilla Coke at the Coke factory.
10. What are some secret skills that not many people know you have?
I can pick anything up with my toes.
11. Share one of your favorite recipes that you repeatedly make.
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 packeges of cream cheese
1 packet Italian seasoning
4-6 chicken breasts
Throw everything in the crockpot and cook for 4-6 hours. Serve over rice! YUMMY!
11 Facts you may or may not know about me
1. I make movies
2. I love motivational books, quotes, speeches
3. I love the Mindy Project and The New Girl
4. I love cooking
5. If you come over you have to eat something before you leave
6. I almost bought a house so I could buy a puppy
7. I love earthy food. If it tastes/smells like dirt I love it
8. I want to re-decorate my bedroom (paint the dressers, new bedspread, artwork) but may never do it because I am terrified I won’t complete it
9. I have an herb garden and it’s my boyfriend
10. I am addicted to almonds
11. I would rather talk then sleep, eat, or anything in the world
My questions for you:
1. What is your favorite restaurant, what do you get?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. If you could have any talent or hobby what would it be?
4. What’s your favorite quote?
5. Do you prefer coral or tiffany blue?
6. If you could have a super power what would it be?
7. If you could eat dinner with one celebrity who would it be?
8. What would you ask them?
9. Who is your favorite band/artist?
10. If you could only eat baked goods for the rest of your life or candy for the rest of your life what would you choose?
11. Who is your TV/movie boyfriend?
Love Love Love,
P.S. My movie boyfriend is always Zac Efron…or Ed Sheeran.